Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What Is Your Maintenance Plan?

A couple of months ago our church voted to purchase a new car for me to drive. Up until then I was driving my 2000 Chevy truck with 250,000 miles on it.  I am very blessed to pastor a church where the folks attempt to express their love for their pastor in tangible ways.  I don't ever want to take that for granted.

Today I took our 2010 Taurus to the dealership for service.  I've already driven 7,500 miles and according to the owner's manual, the car was due for service.  As I looked at the manual, I found that Ford has a very detailed maintenance plan.  It covers everything.  Simply put, regular maintenance will extend the life of the automobile and enhance it's operation.  The service manager recommended, "the works."

As I left the Ford dealership I thought about my spiritual maintenance plan.  My "owner's manual", the Bible, gives detailed instructions as to how I can extend my spiritual life and enhance my spiritual performance.  Reading the Word, praying, confessing my sins, attending church on a consistent basis, etc. are all things that are needed if I'm going to optimize the new life that God put in me almost 33 years ago.  I hope you have a scheduled maintenance plan for your spiritual life.  It may not be convenient, but it certainly is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment